Complete Antenatal & Postnatal Classes for Brighton & Hove
Your One Stop Shop for preparing and adapting to parenthood
Birth Preparation, Hypnobirthing, Partner Massage, Caring for a New Baby, Breast Feeding, Baby First Aid, Baby Massage, Postnatal Support and Meet Ups.
As a midwife and a doula we have both had over a decade of experience working with pregnant women and new Mothers. Both of us have always had a passion for antenatal and postnatal support and education.
We feel that postnatally women are not held and supported half as much as they should be as they transition into motherhood. This is why we pride ourselves on including a nurturing 4 week postnatal course that sees you through those early days with a new baby (plus we love meeting all of your little ones). We truly believe that knowledge is power and that it is essential to have the right information and understanding as to what is actually going on in your body as it grows, births and then nurtures a new tiny human.
Having a baby changes you and your whole world, so preparing your mind and body for what lies ahead helps to encourage a positive experience during your transition into motherhood. It is also very important to make connections with other parents to be who are going through the same experience as you. Creating relationships with others who will be having their babies at a similar time to you gives you an added layer of support and a community you can turn to as you become a parent.
Our Brighton courses run every other month and ideally start any time after you are 28 weeks pregnant.
You can book onto just the antenatal classes for £225, the postnatal classes for £175 or sign up for The Mother Box Complete course at a discounted rate of £350
Email, text or call Alexis on 07789814207 for more information
Our courses consist of six antenatal classes prior to your due date and then four postnatal classes once baby arrives.
Our course content
- How to prepare
- What is Labour and how does it start?
- How to prepare your body and mind for birth
- The physiology of birth and different stages of Labour
- How to cope at home during the early stages
- When to call the midwife
- Pregnancy concerns and what to do
- Essential Hypnobirthing skills: breathing and relaxation prep and practice
- In depth tuition in partner massage
- Pain relief options for home and hospital
- Waterbirth/ Homebirth
- Induction, ventouse, forceps and caesarean section births
- Writing your birth preferences
- Information about the 3rd stage of labour (placenta delivery)
- Womb to world dwelling
- Taking your baby home
- Information sharing on SIDS
- Coping strategies for tiredness and postnatal blues
- Care of the newborn (nappies, bathing, swaddling)
- Potential challenges and top tips on feeding
- The physiology of breastfeeding
- Skin to skin, latch and position
- First aid for the first 6 months after baby arrives
Once Baby Arrives
- Birth Stories
- Adapting to Motherhood
- Feeding and Sleeping
- Postnatal Self Care and healing for Mum
- Baby cues: Understanding your newborn
- Baby Massage
- Postnatal massage for mum